The Kwando Concession situated in Northern Botswana, is one of the biggest private untamed life concessions in Botswana. Spread over about four thousand square kilometres, the Kwando Concession lies on the northern edge of Botswana flanking Namibia over the Kwando River.
With the winding Kwando River as one of its limits, the landscape is overwhelmed by tremendous fields with dissipated palms and tree islands sponsored by lush savannahs.
This extraordinary ecological system is home to a wide assortment of Africa’s game, for example, zebra, wildebeest, impala, giraffe and tsessebe and furthermore gives haven to lechwe, waterbuck and the modest sitatunga.
Amid the drier months when transitory creatures join the occupant populace at its neighbourhood water sources in the Kwando Concessions, you will most presumably observe the famed wild dogs on the vast fields of Kwando. Other untamed life you can encounter is lion, leopard, cheetah, giraffe, diverse buck and also numerous others on diversion drives.
The Kwando River is an enticement for elephants and buffaloes groups, more than one thousand in number, frequently assemble here in the dry months i.e., from July to October.
Best time to visit
- Kwando Concession is open for visitors throughout the year.
- The ideal time for wildlife viewing at Kwando is from June to October.4 As the migratory animals arrive in the area around June when the water has dried up.
- However if possible it is better to avoid the time period from January to April as less wildlife is spotted during this period.
How to get
Airways is the only mode of transportation to Kwando Concession.
- You can take a charter flight from Maun Airport, Kasane Airport to reach Kwando.
- You can also fly into Kwando Concession from another camp in Botswana.
Things To Do
You can do an array of activities at the Kwando Concession such as
- Game Drives
- Night Game drives
- Walking Safari
- Boat Cruise
- Mokoro canoe Safari
What to See
- Kwando Concession is famed for its excellent wild dog sightings
- Exceptional wildlife viewing, with substantial crowds of elephants, buffaloes passing through.
- You can likewise spot predators such as lions, cheetahs, leopard and other wildlife such as zebra, wildebeest, impala, giraffe and tsessebe at the concession.
- Explore the pristine and stunning landscape of the concession by boat cruises on the Kwando Lagoon.