Linyanti Concession is located on the north-eastern area of the Okavango bordering on the Chobe National Park. The concession spread over 1,250km of the northern Kalahari, dominated different types of woodland habitats and ancient floodplains that are covered with Savannah. The Linyanti River borders the northern edge with a string of lagoons and marshes. Neighbouring this is a limited band of exceptionally fluctuated riparian forests which is the focal point of most safari exercises.
Dividing from west to east, through the focal point of the concession, is the bed of the Savuti Channel. This is normally a dry sand waterway, where various waterholes draw in wildlife amid the dry season.
The Linyanti biological community and the Chobe environment are interconnected and give a pathway to huge quantities of migratory wildlife between the Okavango and Chobe.
Linyanti is well known for its elephant population. The parks also hosts healthy population of Lion, and Spotted Hyena. The region is also home to Leopard, Wild Dogs and Cheetah. Zebras, Wildebeests, Impalas, Giraffes, hippos, Elands, Lechwes, Reedbucks and Kudus are spotted year round in the concession. In the dry season you can also rare antelope species such as Sable and Roan Antelope.
Best time to visit
• Linyanti Concession is open for visitors all year round.
• The best time for wildlife viewing is during the dry months, i.e., from May to October. You can also spot huge herds of elephants during this period.
• However, if you want to witness Zebra migration then visit the concession during the Wet season. In November, the zebras’ foal in Savuti, and they assemble around Linyanti among February and April.
How to get
Like Kwando Concession, airways is the only mode of transportation to Linyanti Concession.
• You can take a charter flight from Maun Airport, Kasane Airport to reach Linyanti.
• You can also fly into Linyanti Concession from another camp in Botswana.
Things To Do
Linyanti Concession offers a wide variety of activities which you can do at the concession such as:
• Game Drives
• Night Game Drives
• Bushwalking Safari
• Bird Watching
• Mokoro safaris
What to See
• Linyanti is famous for its large elephant, zebra population along with the endangered wild dogs
• Unforgettable game viewing experiences with a diverse wildlife of Africa.
• Highlights of Linyanti include meandering through waterways and riverine forests.
• Guided walking safaris across the vast dry woodlands and open grasslands give an insight into African wilderness like no other.